| Plant Care Products |
Wilt Pruf Plant Protector : Wilt Pruf
| The proven Anti-Transpirant for over 50 years! |
The safe way to reduce moisture loss when plants are under stress all year.
Protects valuable shrubs such as evergreens, rhododendrons, azaleas, hollies, boxwood, laurel, and many other ornamentals when under water stress - by reducing moisture loss through foliage.
- Protects against cold drying winds of winter and hot drying winds of summer.
- Protects plants when roots are frozen in the winter depriving them of their normal moisture intake as well as during periods of drought.
- Protects tender transplants while their root systems are developing. Tubers and bulbs do better in storage when first sprayed or dipped with Wilt-Pruf®.
- Protects and extends the life of Christmas trees and wreaths by reducing moisture loss which results in needle drop and browning.
Treated with Wilt Pruf Not Treated
Wilt-Pruf® is a natural pine oil emulsion that is NON-HAZARDOUS, ORGANIC, AND BIODEGRADABLE. It is not damaged by freezing during storage, it has an indefinite shelf life, and is non-toxic to eyes and skin. Wilt-Pruf® spray dries to form a clear transparent and flexible protective coating without interfering with plant growth or materially affecting respiration, osmosis, or photosynthesis.
Wilt-Pruf® does not require registration with the EPA because we make no pesticidal claims. We also meet specifications of the FDA for use on edible crops.
Ultraviolet rays from outdoor daylight react with our film forming polymer to form a coating which is like having numerous bed sheets on a bed. When the top sheet is removed, there are still many more sheets left. The same phenomenon is true with Wilt-Pruf®. As the outside layer wears off with the sun, wind, and rain and powders away, another layer forms.
This process continues until all the layers have worn off which takes three or four months and sometimes longer depending on climatic conditions.
Wilt-Pruf® is the only horticulture anti-transpirant that has the ability to provide this long lasting protection. Other anti- transpirants provide a single coating only, and when that coating cracks and falls off or wears off with the weather (perhaps as soon as two or three weeks) there is no protection left.
Directions for Use:
- For summer protection, dilute with 1 part concentrate to 10 parts of water. A part may be any measured quantity.
- For winter protection, dilute with 1 part concentrate to 5 parts of water.
- For bulb storage protection, dip or spray to run-off at a dilution rate of 1 part concentrate to 10 parts of water and allow to dry in daylight.
- Sprayers should be cleaned thoroughly by rinsing with warm water and detergent immediately after use.
- Surfaces sprayed inadvertently may be washed with warm water and a mild detergent. Dried film can be dissolved with difficulty using kerosene. Over-spraying on cars, terraces, windows, etc. should always be avoided.
- Wilt-Pruf® concentrate and ready-to-use spray containers are not damaged by freezing or thawing when stored. They will not solidify when thawed, but must be shaken well before using.
- Wilt-Pruf® must be allowed to dry outdoors in daylight (not necessarily sunlight) since it is a film forming polymer and needs ultraviolet rays in order for the spray to set up or polymerize.
- Once mixed, Wilt-Pruf® may be sprayed with any pressure type trombone, pump or power sprayer except hose end. The more pressure, the better the spray pattern! Spray Wilt-Pruf® anytime as long as the spray does not freeze on the foliage while spraying. Allow two or three hours for drying time in daylight (not necessarily sunlight). Spray once each season (every three months).